The PRI (Principles of Responsible Investments) is one of the leading organizations that promote responsible investment practices. PRI was launched in 2005 by a group of institutional investors and now has more than 3,000 signatories worldwide (including 2,500 fund managers) and assets managed by members of the community in excess of $ 100,000 billion.
HOLD Alapkezelő is the first Hungarian signatory to the initiative.
The PRI is an independent organization. It engages with global policymakers but is not associated with any government. It is supported by, but not part of, the United Nations.
PRI has six investment principles which. These are voluntary and aspirational and offer a menu of possible actions for incorporating ESG issues into investment practice. These are the following:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.